context intermedia newbie question

From: Ed Wong <ewong_at_mail.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 12:27:29 -0700

[Quoted] I am newbie to context intermedia and am looking into implement it for two search purpose we need on our database. First purpose is the ablity to search on a large CLOB(30GB) column. Second purpose is create an index on varchar2 so that we can use an index for wildcard search '%text%' on varchar2.

My questions are:
1. If I implement an conext index on a 30GB CLOB column. Will the index take as much space?
2. What about performace on search such a big CLOB using context intermedia? Does it return result immediately for simple search such as "CONTAINS(Resume,'engineering')>0;"
3. Can I use context to create an index on varchar2 so that an index will be use for wildcard search '%text%'?

Thanks,

ewong
Oracle 8.1.7EE Sun Solaris 2.7 Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 21:27:29 CEST

Original text of this message