OEM console - tablespace usage

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:25:39 -0400

Am I overlooking something or does the OEM 9.0 console incorrectly display the space used in a datafile? When you highlight a tablespace on the left side, the right side shows the datafile usage under the "general" tab for that tablespace. I created a brand new datafile for a LMT. I made it exactly 256m + 64k (262208k). The console is showing the "used space" for that datafile as 64.512k even though nothing has used the datafile yet. Shouldn't it show 64k exactly? When I run a SQLPLUS query against the free space in that datafile it shows exactly 256m. That adds up to 256m + 64.512k, not 256m + 64k. What's up with that? Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 16:25:39 CEST

Original text of this message