where to put a procedure so all forms can get it

From: Timbo <tjbacs_nospam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:26:57 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I created a procedure (using hints from a book) that allows the forms [Quoted] window to be closed by clicking on the "X" box in the upper right corner to follow windows conventions. The book didn't indicate where to build or place this procedure, so I put it under the "Program Units" section in Object Navigator. It works and I can use it with a trigger in the form.

My questions are:

Is this the best/proper place to put a procedure?

Where would I put something so all forms could access it?

Based on answer(s) to above, how would I access it from other forms?

Using forms developer 9i. Developing on pc running OC4J, but the app will eventually run on 9iAS R2

The book, by the way, is "Oracle Developer Forms Techniques" by Bulusu Lakshman, which has a lot of how-to stuff, but assumes the reader already knows forms, which I don't. Not the best book for a novice I have discovered!

Thanks,

Tim Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 15:26:57 CEST

Original text of this message