Re: Error message when trying to call Oracle stored procedure from MSSQL

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:05:01 -0500

Can you post the PlSql code and what you are passing?

It looks like a line number may have crept into your code..

"Eric Levinson" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to use the EXEC command in ODBC to call an oracle stored
>procedure. The error message is below. I don't understand where it is
>getting the '1' from.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Eric
>

>[OLE/DB provider returned message: [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle
>OCI]ORA-06550: line 1, column 46:
>PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "1" when expecting one of the following:
>begin declare end exception exit for goto if loop mod null
>pragma raise return select update while <an identifier>
><a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable> <<
>close current delete fetch lock insert open rollback
>savepoint set sql execute commit forall
><a single-quoted SQL string>
>The symbol "if was inserted before "1" to continue]

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 21:05:01 CEST

Original text of this message