Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <ktsahl_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:52:29 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> Are you a total plonker, or just an amateur?
>
> There is no "trial period". Period.
>
> The license is permanent, and unlimited. Provided he never uses it for
> commercial gain.
>
> Not an exactly onerous condition.
>
> Post back when you know what you're talking about.
>
> HJR
>
> "Kenneth C Stahl" <ktsahl_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
> > >
> > > Since all versions are obtainable entirely free, I'm not entirely sure
> what
> > > our original poster would lose by learning the complete product.
> > >

> > His database after the trial period ends?

Your statements are in violation of the trial license:

"The relationship between you and us is that of licensee/licensor. Neither party will represent that it has any authority to assume or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party, nor to represent the other party as agent, employee, franchisee, or in any other capacity. Nothing in this agreement shall be construed to limit either party's right to independently develop or distribute software that is functionally similar to the other party's products, so long as proprietary information of the other party is not included in such software."

You are making a representation about Oracle that you are not permitted to make under the terms of the license agreement. Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 19:52:29 CEST

Original text of this message