Re: Getting to the host OS from Oracle REPORTS

From: Chandra Mohan <Chandra.Mohan_at_Oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:03:31 +0530

Joe,

Unlike in Forms, there is no HOST Built-In in Reports.

To run OS program, user exit must be used. A user exit is a program writen and then linked into the Report Builder/Runtime executable or user exit DLL files.

Another solution is to use ORA_FFI Built-In package. The ORA_FFI package provides a foreign function interface for invoking C functions in a dynamic library.