Re: Oracle personal edition?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:56:17 +1000

"Rene S. Nielsen" <renesn_at_image.dk> wrote in message news:3dadf456$0$79603$edfadb0f_at_dspool01.news.tele.dk...
> Hi
>
> Stick with the personal edition
>
> The Enterprice Edition is only for large enterprices hence the name
> Enterprice.

The Enterprise Edition is only for those wanting to learn about partitioning, RACs, function-based indexes, materialized views, Data Guard (standby databases), and a whole raft of other major functionality.

Sure, if you only want to learn half the skills, stick with the Personal or Standard Edition.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Since all versions are obtainable entirely free, I'm not entirely sure what [Quoted] our original poster would lose by learning the complete product.

HJR