Re: Keeping track of updates/deletes

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:36:34 GMT

Russ wrote:

> Hello,
>
> New to Oracle Forms and I need to know if there is a way in 6i to
> track updates/deletes/inserts on a particular form (this form has
> multiple pages with multiple tabs on each page)? I am assuming that
> it would be a trigger, but wanted to see what other ways there are (if
> any). If a trigger is the only way, then can you do a form level
> trigger or does each page/tab need it's own?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Russ

This should not be done on a form. It should be done in the database using triggers on the tables where you wish to audit activity.

To do this on a form makes the front-end fatter, slower, and forces increased traffic across the web or network hurting performance still further.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 17:36:34 CEST

Original text of this message