stacked canvases vs multiple forms

From: Timbo <tjbacs_nospam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:43:24 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm a beginner, so I very well may be missing something obvious here. [Quoted] What are advantages/disadvantages of using stacked canvases vs multiple forms to navigate an application?

I've coded active web pages using jsp, php, asp for form data entry and for the most part I would have a form page, "call itself" to do field validation checking and to write the data to the db. Then if I had to do more or different processing, I would direct to another active page.

What is the best way to do that using forms? With 9i, forms are essentially turned into jsp anyway, but this stacked canvas thing has me wondering.

Thanks,

Tim Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 16:43:24 CEST

Original text of this message