Re: problem installing developer 9

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:09:05 GMT

Ryan wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Ryan wrote:
> >
> > > "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> 9. I
> > > get

> > > home

> unsentenv,
> > > but it

> > > tried that... next button greys out if i change the oracle home?
> >
> > Lets go back to basics. What is 'Oracle 82 Beta'?
> >
> > And instructions clearly state you should install Developer before the
> database.
> > Any chance you can uninstall the database, clean out program files\oracle
> clean
> > out the registry, and just start over?
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
> >

> no idea what oracle 82 beta is. I was just using the setup wizard to do this
> install. I dont have the CD, just the download version. It through me off
> when I saw it. This is a brand new hard drive. So there is nothing floating
> around on it.
>

> I have oracle 8i installed on another hard drive. Yeah, I can uninstall and
> clean out the registry. Curious why this happened though. Ive installed
> developer after installing the database before and nothing happened, but
> never with 9.
>
> Anyone?

[Quoted] If you know enough of Windows not to be too dangerous in the registry here's what I'd do.

  1. Use the Oracle installer to remove everything.
  2. Go into the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE and clean everything out
  3. Go to c:\program files\oracle and clean everything out
  4. Go to c:\oracle and clean everything out
  5. Reboot

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 00:09:05 CEST

Original text of this message