Re: problem installing developer 9

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:23:01 GMT

Ryan wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Ryan wrote:
> >
> > > I successfully installed Oracle 9.0. Im trying to install developer 9. I
> get
> > > the following error.
> > >
> > > The location specified c:\oracle\Ora90, is already used as an Oracle
> home
> > > for 'Oracle 82 Beta'
> > > It cannot be used as an Oracle home for 'nt'
> > >
> > > Checked the documentation and it says I have to change the unsentenv,
> but it
> > > only says how to do it in unix. Im on Windows XP.
> >
> > Just enter a different HOME name and directory. Any will do.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
> >

> tried that... next button greys out if i change the oracle home?

Lets go back to basics. What is 'Oracle 82 Beta'?

And instructions clearly state you should install Developer before the database. [Quoted] Any chance you can uninstall the database, clean out program files\oracle clean [Quoted] out the registry, and just start over?

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 17:23:01 CEST

Original text of this message