Re: populate a data block

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:27:49 GMT

Timbo wrote:

> Thank you all for the advice. After several attempts getting
> the single ticks right, I was able to do what I wanted using
> the set_block_property and default_where combination. I want to
> try the pre-query trigger, as it looks cleaner.
>
> I want to get a Forms book. Any recommendations?

<lots of stuff snipped for brevity>

They are all horrible. All of them. I have on multiple occassions performed extensive research on Forms books for my students and never found any that even met the test of comparing the table of contents or index to the class syllabus. The books may be fine if you follow them from page 1 to page n. But if you are trying to look something up when you get stuck ... it is quite another matter.

My suggestion would be to purchase two or three and to hope that somehow, between them, you can find what you need.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Oct 14 2002 - 17:27:49 CEST

Original text of this message