Re: Runtime for Forms 9i???

From: Zajc <zajc2_REMOVE__at_gmx.li>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:13:59 +0200

Hi!

Yap! We tested 1 user, 1 GB RAM, 8.1.7.1.5 database... SCSI disk... 1GHz XSEON processor...

I think the problem is that the application server MUST know where are you in the form
and when you move to the next field it sends the infomation like. "Hello server, I'm at field number 2"
even if there is no triggers or code or whatever... and this creates necessary network traffic even if it is only few bytes...

I think complexed WEB forms cretated with Forms 6i (I'm sure 9i too) are more suitable for INTRANET then INTERNET... If somebody can prove that I'm wrong we will be happy to cancel our client-server development...
and we will go to 3-tier technology immediately...

So I'm still looking for Forms 9i runtime... 6i runtime is too buggy...

Boris