Re: Runtime for Forms 9i???

From: Zajc <zajc2_REMOVE__at_gmx.li>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:31:17 +0200

Hi!

The initial download of JARs are not the problem.

The main problems are the events bundles ...when moving between fields it tooks sometimes (let's say always) 300 ms, 400 ms
(we tested on ADSL 1 Mbit line (ping to our site was around 25 ms, in the mornnig at 5AM))...
and imagine if you have a form with 40 fields (let's say a person have 30 second
to enter the data)... with "classic" client-server technologies we achive less then 50 ms when moving between fileds...

Me made also a simple test:

WEB BASED FORM:
a form with 1 NON-database block 10 fields, NO TRIGGERS, NO CODE
it tooks 2 sec to move from the beginning to end...

"classic" client server FORM:
the same form less then a second...

So we have conluded that
JAVA version is not suitable for us...

So we still need runtime...

We also demonstrate this to our local Oracle support... and they have no clue...

Has anybody have the idea how to speed up event bundles (when moving between fields) when working with web forms (forms 6i...)????

Boris