Re: populate a data block

From: Chandra Mohan <Chandra.Mohan_at_Oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:20:03 +0530

Timbo,

Have a look at the following -
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY built-in
The default WHERE Clause and default ORDER BY Clause properties specify standard SQL clauses for the default SELECT statement associated with a data block. These clauses are automatically appended to the SELECT statement that Form Builder constructs and issues whenever the operator or the application executes a query in the block.

Timbo wrote:

> Hi. New to Forms. Using 9i dev suite.
>
> I want to have a control block on a form where a user enters a date,
> and then run a query to populate the data block using the date
> entered from the control block as the WHERE value. The data in the
> data block is query only, the user will make a selection from the
> returned data to do something else.
>
> How do I make the control block entry populate the data block?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

Regards
Chandra Mohan

Support Engineer,
Emea Tools (Developer) Team,
Oracle Private Ltd. Received on Fri Oct 11 2002 - 15:50:03 CEST

Original text of this message