Re: Just done my first app in Forms!

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:23:57 GMT

Nick wrote:

> Just done (yeah, almost, unless some bugs discovered) my first app in Oracle
> Forms 6i
> It's a pretty simple system and yet I needed to code around 2,000 lines
>
> Having used Access for some time, my impression is that Access wins hands
> down in developing front-ends.
>
> Forms 6i has a lot of small annoyance, and not as intuitive as Access.
>
> Can someone give me a reason or two I should still stick with Forms then?
>
> Nick

[Quoted] [Quoted] My impression is that like most newbies you wrote 1900 lines of superfluous code [Quoted] [Quoted] because you didn't know how to take advantage of built-in capabilities like inheritance.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I just finished a Forms application for an organization of about 1,800 people [Quoted] [Quoted] involving work flow management, time keeping, and billing and doubt I wrote more [Quoted] [Quoted] than 500. And anytime you can get 1800 people simultaneously working with your [Quoted] Access database ... write a paper about it and have it published.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 20:23:57 CEST

Original text of this message