Re: Access to Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:04:27 GMT

Pride wrote:

> I have several data bases in Microsoft Access and I want to change to
> Oracle, but I don't know if this change is easy or I have to do new data
> bases.
> Someone can help me please.

It is not trivial. My advice would be to only do it if one of three conditions exist.

  1. There is an Oracle expert available to act as a mentor to you.
  2. You take serious classes and learn Oracle
  3. The databases you have in Access are basically toys, have little or no complexity, and are not critical to any busines process.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 20:04:27 CEST

Original text of this message