utl_file woes

From: Eric Kimble <ekimble_at_wfl.fha.dot.gov>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 10:39:13 -0700

platform nt 4.0 sp6a
[Quoted] version 8.1.7.3 EE

[Quoted] When trying to use utl_file I get an "Invalid Operation" error. in reading the newsgroup posts and metalink posts this is due to permissions not being set for the user or for the ult_file_dir not being set in init.ora. I have verified those items and still getting invalid operation error. So as it stands I have the permissions set to everybody full control (is on a testing server), and utl_file_dir = * (again testing so no big security risk). I have been able to make this work on Win2k but can't get it to work on NT 4.0. I have also change to utl_file_dir to the main path that i'm working in ( trying to read the alert.log) so c:\oracle817 and restarted the server and the listener, but am still getting the error. Any other suggestions? Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 19:39:13 CEST

Original text of this message