Re: Designer 6i : Transfer of objects?

From: enquiry <noone_at_hometownz.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:05:39 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] Ah, I have discovered that I can hold down the shift key when dragging the entity from one container to the other and get the desired result of a transfer between containers. I was confusing ownership (users) of objects with location of objects. "Move" was the magic word rather than transfer.

But, unlike designer 2000 it leaves no "share" behind in the source container to point to the moved object. I've tried dragging without the shift key but it asks me for a type of reference and offers me "Sub entity" [Quoted] or "relationship". It's not a sub entity nor is it a relationship. I just [Quoted] want it to look like a share did in designer 2000. So I keep a reference to [Quoted] it from the donor container.

Help!

Thanks
Mark

P.S. To avoid a spamalanche of unwanted junk mail I've substituted a false [Quoted] reply address, so please post any helpful replies to the newsgroup. Thanks!