Re: oci c unix

From: Jesse Waters <jcwaters_at_wfubmc.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:46:55 -0400

"dmz17" <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com> wrote in message news:pan.2002.10.07.15.42.29.293497_at_nospam.nowhere.com...
> On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:18:59 +0000, Jesse Waters wrote:
>
> > New subscriber here. I need a simple example of how to execute c code
on
> > unix to retrieve data from an oracle database. I would like to see both
> > PL/SQL and Stored Procedure but if I have to choose I'd choose to see a
> > Stored Procedure example. I will also, graciously, accept links to good
web
> > sites where I may find thus.
> >
> > I'm assuming oci is what I need although I ran across one example using
LDAP
> > and I'm not sure that it is applicable. But any advice is welcome.
I've
> > used c, unix, and SQL, for quite sometime but this is the first time
I've
> > been asked to use c to connect to oracle and run a stored proc.
> >
> > This is new ground for me, Thank you all in advance.
> > Jesse.
>
> There are samples installed with each database. They include
> C code that uses oci.
>
> Cheers,
>
> dmz17

I will have to look at those but the samples I've seen thus far from Oracle OCI Programmer's Guide seem complicated to me. I hope those that are on the system are simplified. I've got to write a complex app but I need a simple example to get started. Thank you. Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 18:46:55 CEST

Original text of this message