Re: Forms9i Without 9iAS???

From: Olav M.J. Christiansen <omjc_at_intete-kontor.dk>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:59:05 +0200

"Richard Spee" <rhpspee_at_wxs.nl> wrote in a message news:anne3i$4ck$1_at_reader14.wxs.nl...
> Just install Oracle Developer suite. After that start OC4J (Start OC4j
Instance). Oracle9iAS Forms Services uses OC4J, via mod_OC4J, for the Forms Servlet and the Forms Listener Servlet.

> Build a form in forms-builder and run it. You will notice in the
OC4J-window that the servlets will be initialized. You will probably be asked to download JInitiator and install it. After that you should be able to run your form.

> That's it!

That's what I tried, but it won't work. The Forms Builder tries to start (via the http-server and browser) a Java-servlet called 'servlet'. This Java-program is nowhere in the installation, and the location where it tries to find it also doesn't exist.

I have installed Oracle Database 9i (Enterprise Edition - all modules) and the whole Developer Suite (also all modules). I have not installed any parts of the Application Server (or the Infrastructure).

Any other ideas?

--
Regards
Olav