Re: form6i/data item/trigger

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2002 08:58:11 -0700

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3D9B521F.D53C558E_at_exesolutions.com>...
> Daud wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have 5 table-bound text fields in my form. I created a 'before
> > insert' trigger for the table to populate one of the fields.
> > Everything works fine except that when I insert a new record and
> > commit, the value that the trigger inserted into the field in the
> > table does not show up in my form. I need to re-query before it will
> > show up.
> > How do I get around it?
> >
> > thanks
> > Daud
>
> You don't ... you can't.
>
> If you want the value in the form first ... then drop the trigger and do
> the following:
>
> SELECT sequence_name.NEXTVAL
> INTO :block_name.item_name
> FROM dual;
>
> Daniel Morgan

What do you mean "You don't"? I did it already :-) OK! The trigger is for updating the audit fields (who changes the record and when is the change made). I dont want users to be able to change these fields but users can see them. I dont want forms to handle all these. My problem seem to be with refresh. I believe there must be some properties that I can set to achieve this.

Daud Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 17:58:11 CEST

Original text of this message