Re: form6i/data item/trigger

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_nospamservices.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:12:59 +0100

[Quoted] Wrong. I've successfully achieved exactly this. There is a property of individual items in Forms 6 (presumably in Forms 6i as well) to return any value populated by db triggers on insert (and presumably update triggers). It's been a while (not actually done any Forms for nearly two years now!) and I don't have Forms in front of me so can't quote the exact name of the property. Select each property in turn and hit F1 (in Windows at least) to get the help. It is there and it did work for me. Might have the word 'return' in the property name. That sounds familiar.

So there should be no need to repeat the code in theDB trigger in your Form. Dig a little further and you'll find it.

Alan