Re: Problem with max(ROW)

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:23:05 +0400

Hmm... Assuming g_datum is actually a date something like this might work:

select * from pprk_aktuell
 where (artikel_nr, preis_kz, to_date(g_datum,'your date format'))

           in (select artikel_nr
                        ,preis_kz
                        ,max(to_date(g_datum, 'your date format'))
                 from pprk_aktuell
                group by artikel_nr, preis_kz)

(replace 'your date format' with correct date format for dates in g_datum - if it's indeed a date, that is. Otherwise just remove to_date() call or replace it with to_number() call if column stores a number to avoid implicit data type conversions and bizarre query results that they may produce as a side effect.)

hth.

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com