Re: Web Applications

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:02:45 +0400

You may want to take a look at PSP, and our Dynamic PSP in particular. It employs PL/SQL as programming language - I guess you are already familiar with it. :) As of additional software - actually Oracle HTTP Server is bundled with Oracle 9iR2 and provides support for PL/SQL Server Pages and other types of PL/SQL applications as well as JSP/Java Servlets, Perl, etc., so you don't need anything else, but you have to be careful with licensing - Oracle treats web server as multiplexing connection and for Named Users requires that these be counted on multiplexing frontend (so if your application is publicly accessible on Internet, you need to license every person on this planet as she may use the database through your application) leaving Processor license the only choice.

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com