Web Applications

From: Simone <severini.simone_at_vizzavi.it>
Date: 27 Sep 2002 05:14:35 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted]     till now I have performed only DBA operations but fron now on I have to became experts to develop applications. My first objective is to write an application (better if on the WEB) that after the connection to Oracle 9iR2 database is able to move record among tables according some criteria. A user run IE and after authentication can perform several functions adviced from a Form.

To do it I need to know what kind of application I have to buy: Oracle 9iAS, Portal server, Form Builder and what is the application to run on the server (HTTP server?)?
What is the best language to know in order to write application as this?

What do I need to install on the server (WEB Page on Oracle) and which language is suitable to develop web application (better if not java). I have to choose an Oracle training course but I don't know if Form Builder I, II is appropriate.

Any advice.
Thanks

Regards
Simone Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 14:14:35 CEST

Original text of this message