Software tool to develop front-end application (Visual Basic + SQL*Net)?

From: Chung Ta <ktdta_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:38:35 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am a novice person in terms of developing a front-end database application [Quoted] using tools such as Visual Basic on the client pc accessing Oracle database [Quoted] running on the Unix server.

I am familiar with Visual Basic as the front-end tool to access the database [Quoted] via ODBC or ADO method. These belong to the group of Microsoft technology.

[Quoted] Somebody mentioned that I could use SQL*Net as the front-end software tool. [Quoted] But I don't know whether SQL*Net is a set of development tools that I can [Quoted] use to develop front-end database application. I am hoping that I can use Visual Basic in conjuction with SQL*Net but unsure if this is feasible. I am afraid that when I commit to SQL*Net I have [Quoted] to use SQL Form which is one of the development tool from Oracle and I am [Quoted] not familiar with this at all.

Am I making sense in the question regarding Visual Basic and SQL*Net in developing a front-end database application?

I would appreciate if someone can answer my question or point me to the direction where I could obtain further clarification.

Thank you
Chung Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 05:38:35 CEST

Original text of this message