Re: sql issue

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:08:12 GMT

[Quoted] Okay, I rethought it ... and if presented with the same question again, I'd respond the same way. If I can give a "complete and total solution" in a few lines, then what's the problem? If it requires volumes to reply, then I'll refer them to another source. Supplying the answer to a question is not a crime, after all. :)

I do *not* have any students. I am *not* an educator. I am *not* trying to teach people how to think for themselves. I am *not* trying to prove I know the answer to a few questions (actually, I'm always impressed by how many people know so much more than I do ... and I've been in the IT field for some 35 years).

And by the way, I actually did learn to eat by being spoon fed. I certainly didn't come out of the womb knowing how to use a knife, fork and spoon. ;)

Hopefully, you take this reply in the spirit in which its written. I consider myself a helpful person. Since you can't teach an old dog new tricks, I suppose I'll go on like this until my heart stops beating. And if you look around, I'm not the only one who supplies exact answers to poster's questions ... whether they're students or struggling DBAs.