Oracle - Corba - Client - Server - Pagination

From: Dsaw <dsawilson_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 12:30:36 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] I am interested in techniques to handle large Oracle query result sets in a client/server environment with Corba (WLE) middleware. Since overly large result sets can cause the corba server to hang, result xml strings are limited to a certain size. Part of the result set may have to be thrown away. It would be preferred if we could save the total results of a given query on the server or on the middle layer such that the user can page forward and back through data that is consistent from the point of time the query was originally made. It would also be nice to be able to include a refresh functionality so that any new dml activity would show up. Is there a way to preserve the total query result set in the database to be sent to the client via the middleware in manageable chunks? Ideas considered so far include temporary Oracle tables and resubmitting the query.
Is there any way to lock the result set in the database such that it can be accessed via other processes through the corba layer?

TIA, David W. Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 21:30:36 CEST

Original text of this message