Re: SQLLDR: how do load a date/time field

From: Kevin Gillins <k.gillins_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:34:11 -0400

You can apply a date mask to the column definition in the sqlldr control file.

column4 "to_date(:column4,'YYYY-MM-DD HH-MI-SS')"

If I recall properly, the MI is for minutes not MM. MM is for month as you can see. This method allows a date mask to be allied to the input data for insert into the table.

My syntax may be off just a bit so check the manual. sqlldr is usually found in the UTILITIES manual.

Kevin Gillins