please help: extracting clob data contains XML

From: jend <dejen321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2002 17:49:19 -0700

here is my problem:

i have a table called "MAP" with a column type CLOB like this:

MAP

ID number(5) not null
xml_map clob

[Quoted] i can successfully extract and write out to files with DBMS_LOB and UTL_FILE packages, but many of the xml_map were cut off because it exceeds the max linesize (32767 or something i am guessing since it always cuts exactly at 32768 character) but some of the xml_map are like 40-50k. So is there a way to get the entire xml out?

i am thinking there are some options:

  1. trim all the spaces in the xml_map? would this even help and how [Quoted] do i do this w/ clob ?
  2. break up and substr the clob by 32767 chunks but i can't find any [Quoted] documentation on how to do this? any dbms_lob packages does this? [Quoted]
  3. is the 32767 linesize even the problem? or is there any [Quoted] enviroment variable I can manipulate to let me get the entire xml data?

Any suggestions or help will be GREATLY appreciated.. thanks/ M Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 02:49:19 CEST

Original text of this message