Oracle 8.1.5 Client with Oraclie 9i Lite (Mobile Sever)

From: Saira <boo_at_hoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:32:54 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] We've had some puzzling events last week. I'll break it down if it makes it easier.

[Quoted] On this particular W2K Server, we have the Cognos Reporting tools which require Oracle 8.1.5 Client and also Oracle 9i Lite (Oracle Mobile Server) [Quoted] for our PDAs.

Now, my question is --> Can 9i Lite use Oracle 8.1.5 Client to resolve the [Quoted] net service name, etc... or does it have to be a higher version of the Client software? We have noticed some strange behaviours when we sync the [Quoted] PDAs... Data being lost, corrupted, etc. To put this into perspective, there [Quoted] were some modifications done on the application and at the same time, previously, we were running a higher version of the Oracle Client software. [Quoted] I'm trying to eliminate the possibilities.

Thanks,
Saira

saira_somani_at_yahoo.com Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 00:32:54 CEST

Original text of this message