Using Oracle's putXML utlitity to insert CLOB data

From: Mark Meytin <mark_at_meytin.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2002 10:26:04 -0700

I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out. I'm trying to use Oracle's putXML command line utility to insert some XML data into a table. The XML structure was transformed to match the relational structure, i.e. it is one level deep with tags matching column names. Most of the columns load without problems. The only issue, one of my columns is a CLOB, and it seems that the utility refuses to insert the text from the XML file into that column. I don't get any errors, but the field is empty after load. I also tried making this column a LONG with the same result. Any ideas on how I can get putXML to load character data into a CLOB or LONG column? Any help will be much appreciated. I can provide any additional details necessary. Thanks in advance,

-M- Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 19:26:04 CEST

Original text of this message