Re: Developer 2000 Problems When Installing With Oracle 7 Server

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:38:49 GMT

Dan Krug wrote:

> I am having trouble installing Developer 2000 on a workstation
> connected to a server running Oracle 7(NT). At first the installation would
> constantly generate page fault errors, and the installation would quite
> prematurely. This happened on both NT workstation and Win 98. Also, this
> happened when I tried to uninstall the application. After finally getting
> the application to install (I am not sure how successful the installation
> was), I get the following error when trying to connect to the database:
> "ORA-12705 invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified. I am trying to
> connect through sqlplus 3.3 when I get this error. Does any one know how to
> solve this problem? Am I getting this error because the installation went
> poorly?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan Krug

[Quoted] Your posting creates more questions than answers.

What version and edition of Oracle 7?
What version of Developer?
What CPU chip on the machine you are trying to use to install Developer? Have you defined ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID environment variables? Have you read and followed the installation instructions?

But, in addition, why are you installing obsolete software to access an archaic [Quoted] version of Oracle?

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Sep 23 2002 - 23:38:49 CEST

Original text of this message