Oracle tools, jinitiator, and Linux

From: Tom Ed White <tomed_at_barq.itsco.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2002 10:17:52 -0700

My access at work to Oracle tools is currently via a MS Windows Jinitiator program that's triggered by mime type application/x-jinit-applet. I'd like to access the forms from an Linux client, but this jinitiator applet seems to be in the way. I've got the full jre/jdk environment installed under Linux, and I suspect that forms should run okay with my current environment. Is there any way to do an end run around the jinitiator applet, and run forms directly under Linux?

Thanks,
Tom Ed White Received on Mon Sep 23 2002 - 19:17:52 CEST

Original text of this message