Re: if else logic in SQLPlus scripts

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 07:51:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Steve

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:13:34 GMT, "Steve Mitchell" <stevem_at_hdcsi.com> wrote:

>I know I saw a treatment of this someplace on the web, but I cannot find it
>now that I look for it.
>
>I would like to do some simple if/then/else logic from within my SQL plus
>scripts.

[Quoted] Do you mean the DECODE command? It functions as a kind of simple if/then/else operator

DECODE(value, if1,then1[,if2,then2,]...., else)

Regards
Dale

Check out the freeware DBATool: generate DDL recreation scripts and instant schema documentation via DDL to HTML conversion. http://www.DataBee.com/dt_home.htm Received on Sat Sep 21 2002 - 09:51:08 CEST

Original text of this message