Re: Newbie question coming from SQL Server environment

From: Earl Lewis <elewis_at_virtual.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2002 13:35:24 -0700

[Quoted] Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3D6CF885.2F02E3C4_at_exesolutions.com>...
> kgoff_at_worldnet.att.net wrote:
>

> Nothing you did under SQL Server will be worth more than about the cost of a
> tall latte' moved to Oracle. The underlying architecture is completely
> different. Any attempt to duplicate SQL Server into Oracle will likely generate
> compiled functional code that will be insecure, corrupt data, perform poorly,
> scale even worse, and make Oracle professionals look around for the exit while
> laughing hysterically.

You arrogant so and so. Here is a newcomer to the technology asking sincere honest questions and you have nothing to offer but ridicule. I'm glad you've shown your colors. Now I'll know to look the other way when I'm searching for real help and I see your name associated with it.

Earl Lewis
Another newcomer to Oracle from SQL Server Received on Thu Sep 19 2002 - 22:35:24 CEST

Original text of this message