Re: Oracle Reports - Reprompt for Parameters and run second report

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2002 07:10:49 -0700

Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:<3D862A20.DC55FE12_at_oracle.com>...
> More information would be helpful Mark, such as the constraints/context
> of the environment that you are working within - how are the users
> currently interacting with the software - through a browser, or Windows
> client/server, or ....?
>
> Also more about the details of the problem itself: why does the user
> have to submit the parameters in two separate tasks, do the reports run
> in the background or foreground, wouldn't a user prefer to submit both
> report requests sequentially then go away and do something else while
> they run?
>
> The optimized workflow of the user (within identified constraints) is
> critical to you receiving the best advice for your problem.
>
> Martin Doherty
>
> Mark D Powell wrote:
>
> > One of our developers has been assigned the task of rewriting a job
> > that currently prompts for parameters produces a report and then
> > prompts for more parameters and runs a second report into Oracle
> > Reports.
> >
> > They would like to know if Oracle Reports can do this. Does anyone
> > know the answer to how to do this? And under what topic heading in
> > which manual would I find information on this?
> >
> > -- Mark D Powell --

Thanks for the response. I am sorry about not catching it till today.  We run server based version 6 character based Forms and ReportWriter (UNIX). Oracle helped us cut the Forms server out of IAS, which we do not run.

The current application prompts for and accepts parameters, runs a report, and then prompts for parameters for (what I understand to be) a second follow-up report. And this is exactly what the developer wants to do.

  • Mark D Powell --