[oracle-dev-l] Another Poplist question

From: Pieter J.D. Huiberts <phuiberts_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:37:57 -0400

Hello,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I am sorry to bug you all with my poplist questions, but it seems the best option for my Form.

Anyway, I have a form in Forms6 that has 2 poplist items. Item 1 shows Projects, and Item 2 shows sub divisions of the selected project in Item 1. What I want is to have the second poplist (item 2) to show sub-headings related to the project value selected in Item 1. When the items (or at least item 2) are comboboxes I can make it work by using a WHEN-LIST-CHANGED-trigger on item 1 and re-populate item 2 with a recordgroup that takes the value from item 1. When I change item 2 to poplist it does not work any more. I can load the values at the start into the list item if I load the poplist before I bring the form into the Normal mode, but when I than select another project, my WHEN-LIST-CHANGED-trigger gives my an error; FRM-41331: Could not delete element from item 2, followed by FRM-40337: Cannot populate the list from recordgroup. As this works correctly when I change item 2 to combobox, I know that the record group and its query are correct.

My guess is that the problem is the removal of the list items in item 2 before getting the new set in. However, how (and if) can I make it work?

 I do not want to settle for a LOV or so, that would be very inconvinient to the user and degrade the use of my form (potentially the application as I deal with the morst important input form of the application).

Thanks for you help,
Pieter Received on Thu Sep 19 2002 - 01:37:57 CEST

Original text of this message