???loadjava error: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges???

From: Frank <fcolon_at_onebox.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2002 08:40:20 -0700

Hi...loadjava is driving me insane. Maybe you can help. I'm trying to load a jar file for the (JSSE APIs) into the sys schema of Oracle 8.1.7 using the following command:

loadjava -user sys/mypassword_at_mysid -resolve -verbose -synonym -g PUBLIC jsse.jar

And I'm getting the following error:

SQL Error while connecting with oci8 driver to sampbe: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

could not open connection
loadjava: 2 errors

[Quoted] loadjava has no problem loading them into any other user, but sys. But according to what I've read, I need to get these jars into sys to make them work.

I've tried just about everything I've seen on multiple newsgroups. I've tried unpacking then repacking the jars without compression. I've tried loading the jars from the database server instead of going over the network. I've tried a dozen different scenarios, but none of them seem to work.

If anyone was any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Frank Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 17:40:20 CEST

Original text of this message