No tree structure in navigator style form generated from designer 6i

From: Frank Heuer <fheuer_at_oekodata.de>
Date: 16 Sep 2002 08:16:07 GMT

Hallo!

[Quoted] I'm working with Oracle DB 8.1.7, Designer 6i and Developer 6i on a WinNT SP6 machine.

I've a table like this, similar to table emp with Kings, Managers and so on:

CREATE TABLE ORGAEINHEITEN (
GLIEDERUNG VARCHAR2 (15) NOT NULL,
ORGE_GLIEDERUNG VARCHAR2 (15),
NAME VARCHAR2 (15) NOT NULL,
GUELTIG_J_N VARCHAR2 (1) NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT PK_ORGE
PRIMARY KEY ( GLIEDERUNG ); ALTER TABLE ORGAEINHEITEN ADD CONSTRAINT FK_ORGE_ORGE FOREIGN KEY (ORGE_GLIEDERUNG)
REFERENCES ORGAEINHEITEN (GLIEDERUNG); I defined a Module as described in Online-Help "Generating navigator style item". The Module contains the Table usage of ORGAEINHEITEN whith following Bound Items:

Item / Usage Sequence

ORGE_GLIEDERUNG / 1
NAME / 5
GLIEDERUNG / 10 and one unbound Item with "unbound type" = Custom and "display type" = Navigator Style Item. I use the template ofgpc1t.fmb and the Library ofgstnd1.olb for generation.

The generated and compiled form then shows the Tree control and a MAIN-  But when I expand the Mainnode, the data is just displayed in one level. The data is not displayed in a tree structure. So I executede the following SQL-Statement in SQL Plus:

"select -1 , level, name, '',gliederung from orgaeinheiten
start with orge_gliederung IS NULL
connect by orge_gliederung = prior gliederung;"

and the resultset show level up to 5 in my data.

Can someone please give me some help and a more detailed explanation how to build a Forms Module with a hierarchical tree item.

Frank
Germany Received on Mon Sep 16 2002 - 10:16:07 CEST

Original text of this message