Re: Will the following code run when connected to Oracle?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:17:31 +0200

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 06:15:25 GMT, kgoff_at_worldnet.att.net wrote:

>The code that I posted represents a stripped down version of what we need to
>do. It isn't 'SQL Server' logic...it represents the only way that I know to
>address this reporting requirements. Much of our reporting requirements
>involve things that are variable at run-time. So my question is...will this
>code run without modification when connected to SQL Server, or is the syntax
>for creating temp tables a bit different?

It is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT Sql-server logic and SQL-Server syntax. It won't run against Oracle!
If you just PORT this code to Oracle, you will end up with either ANGRY Oracle customers and at least ANGRY Oracle DBAs.

You should really try to learn to do things properly, instead to resort to CRAP methods from DAY 1.

That said: your question needs to be addressed in your own environment, and calls for PAID specific advice, as UNPAID specific advice is not within the scope of this group, this group being a volunteer business.
You're asking WAY TOO MUCH.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Aug 30 2002 - 10:17:31 CEST

Original text of this message