Newbie question coming from SQL Server environment

From: <kgoff_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:35:06 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi, all...

I've been using SQL Server 2000 for a commercial product that we're developing. It has about 10 update triggers and about a dozen stored procedures.

To increase our potential market share, we need to support Oracle in the future. I need to find out if the stored procs and triggers that I wrote will run under Oracle. I downloaded the personal version of Oracle 9 from their Web Site to start experimenting.

Sorry this will sound like really amateur question, but...

  • Is Personal Oracle the right version for me to be able to upload large data files, and then test out update triggers and stored procs?
  • Is the general UI for Personal Oracle close enough to Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer?

Any additional thoughts on what I might need to know? I've worked in Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer for about 2 years...but I've never touched Oracle to this point.

Thanks,
Kevin Received on Wed Aug 28 2002 - 05:35:06 CEST

Original text of this message