Re: New SqlPlus type utility available for download

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:42:56 GMT

Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX wrote:

> sweetiwpie183_at_yahoo.com (Jennifer) writes:
> > I've already made two requests to the
> > TOAD team and received the enhancements within a week. Can the
> > Sql*Plus gurus in this forum promise to do the same thing?
>
> We listen to each and every request. Even if the ideas don't fit with
> our corporate or product strategy we still want to hear them. Not
> enough people put forward ideas or even log bug reports about the
> SQL*Plus client tool.
>
> As to the "within a week" part, the vast majority of our customers
> specifically do not want to upgrade as frequently as you seem to. Our
> release cycles are determined accordingly.
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.

[Quoted] Now that you bring it up there has been a long standing problem with SQL*Plus ... in fact so long standing that I've gotten tired of mentioning [Quoted] it. What is wrong with providing useful timing information when someone [Quoted] does SET TIMING ON? I've yet to meet anyone that can accurately interpret the results (well perhaps excepting Tom Kyte and we haven't met).

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 19:42:56 CEST

Original text of this message