Re: New SqlPlus type utility available for download

From: Jennifer <sweetiwpie183_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2002 17:20:43 -0700

"Scott Mattes" <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<5P499.17633$WJ3.3080075_at_news1.news.adelphia.net>...
> If the customer you are supporting does not have 9i, and has no plans, and
> isn't taking suggestions, you could want a lot more than Oracle offers.

Good point. How many of us are using 9i?

> That is why I wrote my own SQLPlus alternative. TOAD is GREAT, but its
> memory footprint just to start running is way too large to accommodate it
> and Developer at the same time.

[Quoted] The new SqlPlus alternative from Toadsoft is about 5050K to download and is nearly Sql*Plus compatible. It runs virtually all of my scripts including those with report functions. I find myself using it more and more inplace of the gui tools. Received on Fri Aug 23 2002 - 02:20:43 CEST

Original text of this message