New: Query Express application

From: Tom Hilbig <thilbig_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:59:33 -0400

I have developed a web-based application for developing and deploying database queries/reports to a central webserver. I used this during my last IT contract where it allowed my client to quickly pull out data from their Oracle systems using only their browser. It became very popular in the company because of its ease of use and speed.

A couple of features:

  • application includes easy navigation of query library
  • output in HTML table or native Excel in a single click
  • output in XML and with support for XSL (stylesheets) allow for creation of professional looking reports
  • data stored in binary format can be delivered to the browser

I have a live demonstration system running with access to three separate databases and plenty of sample reports. I would appreciate any feedback on the application as I do not know what to do with it next (market a product, or give it away as freeware).
The live demo at http://www.queryexpress.com

Tom Hilbig
thilbig_at_sympatico.ca
(905) 824-7467 Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 22:59:33 CEST

Original text of this message