Re: MQSeries call in PL/SQL on Mainframe

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2002 22:33:03 -0700

radhakrishna_b_at_yahoo.com (Radha) wrote in message news:<3a493ed2.0208200900.5b613d29_at_posting.google.com>...
> We have our Oracle8.1.7 database installed on OS/390. We would like to create
> some PL/SQL code that puts messages onto MQSeries Queues on OS/390.
> Is this possible? Please let us know.
>
> Thanks,

Start of by visiting this site,
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/announceoct/os390/

Loading MQSeries java API's into Oracle and using java stored procedure to access them will probably not work as MQSeries loads C based object libraries which will give you all kinds of java.security.<SomeException> errors.

I would say your best bet would be to look into Oracle Messaging Gateway and Oracle Procedural Gateway for IBM MQSeries (PG4MQSERIES). I am not sure if these are supported on OS/390 or your Oracle version. You can check this at Oracle website.

//Rauf Sarwar Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 07:33:03 CEST

Original text of this message