Re: Form Builder _ Using checkboxes to insert multiple records into database

From: Hilary Band <hband_at_csc.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2002 08:08:58 -0700

rookiedba_at_hotmail.com (Tamer) wrote in message news:<e91bf6a5.0208202350.59c24d43_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am using Forms 60 and I need to do this:
>
> I have to create checkboxes in the runtime.
> When I query the table, it will count the records in the queried table
> and put a checkbox next to each record(row) when returning the
> records. Then it will insert the rows-which are checked- into another
> table when I press a button.
>
> Do you think it is possible? If it is possible and not so hard and
> time consuming to explain for you, please show me a way to do this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tamer.

Hi Tamer

Create a checkbox as a non-database item on the block at design time and default it to be checked. You could do this by setting the value for the checkbox in a POST-QUERY trigger at runtime.

When you click your button, loop through the block and insert each record where the checkbox is checked.

Hope this helps

H Received on Wed Aug 21 2002 - 17:08:58 CEST

Original text of this message