Re: Oracle Reports

From: spademan o---[)* <steve.eckersley_at_its.lancscc.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:58:26 +0100

Inderjeet wrote in message
<34693c10.0208162138.2cabf40c_at_posting.google.com>...
>Hi,
> I am working on Oracle Developer Reports 6.0
>I am facing a problem while placing a formula column
>in my report.
>
>There are two groups, second one is linked with first one,
>through a column. Second group also has its own parameters.
>This says, it is not sure to get a record in the second group
>for every record of the first group.
>
>I need to place a formula column in my report,
>which calculates the difference between a column
>from first group & another column from second group,
>for each record of the report.
>
>If I place a formula in second group, it works fine,
>but when there is no record in the second group,
>formula is not calculated as group does not
>executes at all.
>
>If I place the formula column in the first group,
>it gives frequency error in fetching the value from
>a lower group, ie the second group.
>
>I have tried using Placeholder also,
>but could not find a satisfactory solution.
>
>I expect a solution from anyone reading this message.
>
>I am waiting for your suggestions.
>
>Inderjeet

Reports expects that the second group is a detail query, and so is correct in giving you the invalid frequency error. If you are sure you the relationship is one to one then (why split it into two queries?) you can use a summary column in the first group to reference the column in the second group (choose a function like 'first'). Now you can use a formula column in the first group to reference both the db column and the summary column.

Now, I expect a large cheque in the post ;-)

Steve E. Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 16:58:26 CEST

Original text of this message