JDeveloper and 9iAS

From: Phil McLaughlin <mclaugp_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2002 06:28:32 -0700

Hello List

I recently joined Oracle's UK 9iAS Solutuion sales team as a business development manager with a remit to expand the use of 9iAS and JDeveloper for J2EE / Web Service development

In my last two lives I was a principal consultant at WebGain and a Websphere consultant before that so I have about 4 years in the J2EE sector.

I joined Oracle because I am seriously impressed with the 9iAS and JDeveloper combination, throwing in TopLink makes it a compelling story for me.

Various sources have suggested that Oracle aren't too good at communicating with the developer base and this is to be changed. Frankly very few big vendors are good at communicating with the developers (this I know from experience) but perhaps I can help change this (perhaps not - no promises)

As its my job to expand the profile of the tool and probably yours to use it (or evaluate it for use) what information, support or resources would YOU look for in an evaluation & what would assist your managers decison to buy ?

If you aren't a Java / 9iAS developer & your team or company is thinking (or worrying) about it what would help you ?

you can reply to me personally (but please note I am UK based and can only really affect things practically here) or via the list - in either case Id appreciate getting a feel for the scale of the issues to be faced

regards

Phil..

Phil.McLaughlin_at_oracle.com
Business Development Manager
UK9iAS Solutions Sales Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 15:28:32 CEST

Original text of this message